A young man who died of COVID-19 at the age of 28 has been declared the third patient to have died of the disease after three elderly neighbours, a Bangladeshi man and a Namibian woman, authorities said on Tuesday.
The 23-year-old man was one of the first patients admitted to a private home in Nyabber borough, a government spokeswoman told Reuters.
Swarna Yukhle, a spokeswoman for health ministry spokesman Zafikur Rahman, did not say if a case had been declared as yet but added: “We are getting closer every minute. ”
The Kenya Medical Society has called for a lockdown on the city of Ata, where the first case was reported on March 13, after a group of 30 patients, including a 50-year-old man, moved in for negotiations on Friday.
The only additional diagnosed case is a 42-year-old woman who was declared a case of Ebola on April 4, health ministry spokeswoman Ghaziabad Bhandari said, following a report of seven additional cases on April 20.
The United Nations global health body UNICEF said on Tuesday that at least 2. 98 million children have so far been affected by the novel coronavirus pandemic, making it the second biggest outbreak after the United States.